ThomsonAdsett has designed the new $6M Primary Healthcare & Wellbeing Centre for Central West Hospital & Health Service.
The project had many challenges including the extreme climate (temperatures of 45 degrees and above), which led to the need for significant insulation and glazing requirements. The remote location also made maintenance procedures particularly difficult.
The modular design was constructed off-site and comprises:
- Six consulting rooms including two Indigenous healthwork rooms
- Resuscitation & treatment room including a mobile X-Ray
- Ambulance Bay for two vehicles
- Wellbeing Centre built in co-operation with Boulia Shire Council, which includes meeting rooms, kitchen and renal dialysis chairs
- Two-bedroom short-stay staff accommodation
- Covered parking
ThomsonAdsett is pleased to have delivered this project successfully for the Boulia community.